Household Employers

If you have a nanny, housekeeper, gardener, personal care provider, or other person working around your house, you may be considered a Household Employer in the eyes of the taxing authorities. The professionals of Kohler and Franklin, Certified Public Accountants are available to assist you in making sure that you are properly registered with the appropriate federal and state agencies and are in full compliance with all federal and state income tax, payroll tax, worker’s compensation, and unemployment tax requirements, including quarterly and annual tax payments and tax form filings. We will also help you verify the legal employment eligibility of your household employee as well as working with you to obtain any tax benefits you may be eligible to claim for wages paid to care providers.